POLYGON - Modular Fantasy Hero Characters
Synty Studios Presents -
A low poly Modular Fantasy Hero Character asset pack to create characters for your fantasy game or make a character creator for your players to make their own hero.
(Includes a demo scene and random character generator script)
Key Features -
720 modular pieces with a custom shader to change colors.
Modular Character Assets
- Hair, Heads, Eyebrows, Facial Hair, Hats, Masks, Helmets, Torsos, Hips, Legs, Arms, Hands, Knee pads, Shoulder pads, Elbow Pads, Hip Attachments, Bags, Capes etc.
- Axe, Dagger, Jousts, Maces, Shields, Shields, Staffs, Swords, Knives etc
- Character setup to work with Mecanim (no animations included in this pack)
- Male and Female versions of each body part (not including unisex parts)
- Capes rigged
- Includes 120 Premade characters from the modular parts (Unity only)
- Includes custom shaders to work with the Scriptable render pipelines (HD + LW)
- Includes Static versions for in game pick ups and use for UI etc
Unity 5.6 (and above) Project - Version - 1.2
1.2 - Updated HDSRP(Preview) and LWSRP(Preview) shaders made with Shader graph (works in Unity 2019.1 and above)
1.11 - Fixed BodyArt texture issue and preset model materials 1.10 - Fixed stubble texture issue
1.09 - Fixed shader stubble and scar issue 1.08 - Updated shader to reduce texture samples (removes build error) Check Uvs of all parts (some parts don’t change color) Make eyes color changeable Add HDRP and LWRP shaders Fixed Minor naming issues
1.07 - Fixed issues with missing meshes for some heads on the character prefab
1.06 - Added static versions of the modular characters (for use in game as pickup or UI elements etc
1.05 - Fixing missing material from demo scene 1.04 - Rebuild all 120 preset characters
1.03 - Fixed issue with opposite legs for males 1.02 - Updated Random Character script
1.01 - Fixed some errors with missing scripts 1.0 - First release
Unreal 4.22 (and above) Project - Version
1.3 - Fixes
Normals on Skeletal Meshes Fixed.
Materials reassigned to all meshes
1.2 - Release version
- Fixed capes not being hard normals
1.11 - More Beta Fixes
- Fixed issue with skeleton
- Added Capes
- Shoulder pads now attached to clavicles rather than shoulders
1.1 - More Beta Fixes
- Fixed part swapping on blueprints
- Fixed issues with faces not matching
- Fixed issue with Female feet not matching
- Added Weapons
- Added Capes
1.01 - Beta Fixes
- Fixed Flickering base character
- Fixed Hair and Shoulders not changing via variables
- Fixed Material color not changing on leather and metals
- Added Weapons to the pack
- Fixed Facial hair not displaying on females
1.0 - Initial Beta
Source Files included
If you find any issues, we would love to hear from you.
***Contents may vary between engines.
Share this Product
I love this. I really do. But the lack of other fantasy races is something I hope to see in an add on or second pack.
The assets are lovely but not setup for cell shading and ue4
This is awesome and something I asked for on the UnrealEngine Pages for ages!! and SyntyStudios delivered exceptionally. I hope to see some additional Addon packs for more armor and clothing in the future.
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a modern version of the pack however, something that could be added and utilized with the modern military set and the Survival set would be AMAZING!!!!!!! Please take the chance again!
Most games use a character creation screen and this will save you a lot of time and energy. I highly recommend buying it!
This is an incredible asset - but the material linkage was all broken when I opened the project. This didn’t affect the character blueprint as it called the material in the preconstructor graph.
It was caused by the project being packaged incorrectly (original file import location lost).
I was able to resolve this by creating an editor utility blueprint and scripting materialInterface assignment to selected assets. As there is only one material - it was relatively fast.
Though why everything is built in arrays on the character blueprint instead of in data table objects like it belongs is beyond me 😅